pic of the week!!

pic of the week!!
!!!

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Floral Quote Globe | Anthropologie Hack

 

 Floral Quote Globe | Anthropologie Hack

floralglobe6 copy

    MATERIALS
  • GLOBE (MINE WAS FROM WORLD MARKET) //
  •  
  • LIGHT MINT PAINT //
  •  
  • PAINT BRUSH //
  •  
  • RIFLE PAPER CO. GIFT WRAP //
  •  
  • MOD PODGE //
  •  
  • GOLD PERMANENT MARKER OR PAINT //
  •  
  • GOLD SPRAY PAINT
floralglobesteps1


1. First spray paint the entire globe gold.
2. Once the spray paint is dry, paint the globe part in the light mint color. You will want to do at least 3 coats. 
floralglobesteps2

3. Next, write your saying on the globe in the center at an angle. You might want to trace it with a pencil first to make sure the placement and spacing looks right. I just free-handed it in the best script I could manage. I chose the quote “you are my greatest adventure” from Moonrise Kingdom. The original globe has a great Shakespeare quote and really anything would work here so just choose your favorite saying. I also used a gold permanent marker instead of just gold paint because I knew that the wording would come out much better that way. I then traced it two more times to make the lines thicker.

floralglobesteps3

4. Carefully cut out some of the florals from the gift wrap.
5. Use mod podge to adhere the flowers to the globe around the quote. I just cut out different sizes of bouquets and individual flowers and played around with what combination looked best. Once they were all glued on I then did a layer of mod podge on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment